By John H Lienhard V, John H Lienhard IV
Written by means of well-known specialists within the box, this creation to warmth and mass move for engineering scholars has been utilized in the school room for over 32 years, and it has been revised and up-to-date usually. labored examples and end-of-chapter workouts look through the e-book, besides well-drawn, illuminating figures.
Read Online or Download A Heat Transfer Textbook: Fourth Edition PDF
Similar thermodynamics books
A contemporary, available, and utilized method of chemical thermodynamics
Thermodynamics is valuable to the perform of chemical engineering, but scholars occasionally believe that the self-discipline is just too summary whereas they're learning the subject.
By offering an utilized and smooth method, Stanley Sandler's Chemical, Biochemical, and Engineering Thermodynamics, Fourth version is helping scholars see the worth and relevance of learning thermodynamics to all components of chemical engineering, and offers them the intensity of insurance they should strengthen a high-quality realizing of the most important rules within the field.
* Highlights purposes of thermodynamics to matters that chemical engineering scholars will see in later courses.
* reasonable difficulties introduce scholars to the categories of demanding situations they are going to come across in and graduate research.
* The Fourth variation has been reorganized into 15 chapters, offering shorter chapters that introduce scholars to the topic in additional bite-sized pieces.
* provides biochemical examples, fairly in Chapters eleven and 12, and in all of bankruptcy 15 entitled "Biochemical purposes of Thermodynamics. "
* assurance of environmental and defense functions of thermodynamics presents path fabric invaluable for ABET accreditation.
* features a short creation to the recent box of product engineering in bankruptcy 12.
* educational ambitions and nomenclature lists at first of every bankruptcy supply worthwhile learn tools.
* scholars can resolve difficulties utilizing MATHCAD(r), MATLAB(r) and visible uncomplicated courses that accompany this textbook.
* An accompanying CD incorporates a 120-day trial model of MATHCAD, in addition to MATHCAD worksheets, an intensive houses database, and Windows-friendly visible uncomplicated and MATLAB courses for equation of nation and UNIFAC calculations. (These worksheets and courses also are to be had on-line on the e-book site. )
* additionally incorporated at the CD are PDF documents of significant facts figures that scholars can obtain and print to be used in fixing homework problems.
www. wiley. com/college/sandler
Quality: okay caliber test, Searchable, Chapters Bookmarked
"New to this version is an appendix masking the Bridgman desk which incorporates a uncomplicated set of thermodynamic equations Has a brand new bankruptcy at the thermodynamics of biochemical reactions Updates naming and notation utilized in the 1st version; the place the 1st version used the conventional names for the Gibbs loose strength and for Partial Molal houses, this variation makes use of the extra renowned Gibbs strength and Partial Molar homes Teaches actual and chemical equilibrium which offers with calculating the thermodynamic homes for combos.
This one-semester path textual content introduces uncomplicated rules of thermodynamics and considers numerous purposes in technological know-how and engineering. the trendy insurance is compact but self contained and holistic, with sufficient fabric in a concise and economically-priced ebook for complicated undergraduates and postgraduates interpreting for first and better levels, and for pros in learn and undefined.
Mass move besides separation methods is a space that's frequently fairly difficult to grasp, as such a lot volumes at the moment to be had complicate the educational via instructing mass move associated with warmth move, instead of targeting extra correct suggestions. With this completely up to date moment variation, Mass move and Separation strategies: rules and functions provides a hugely considerate and instructive creation to this subtle fabric by way of educating mass move and separation methods as detailed although similar entities.
- Applied Statistical Thermodynamics
- Thermodynamics and the Destruction of Resources
- Mathematics for Physical Chemistry, 4th, Third Edition
- A Guide to Physics Problems Part 2: Thermodynamics, Statistical Physics, and Quantum Mechanics
Extra resources for A Heat Transfer Textbook: Fourth Edition
Compact Heat Exchangers. McGrawHill Book Company, New York, 3rd edition, 1984. 8] V. S. Arpaci. Conduction Heat Transfer. , 1991. Abridgement of the 1966 edition, omitting numerical analysis. 9] W. M. Kays, M. E. Crawford, and B. Weigand. Convective Heat and Mass Transfer. McGraw-Hill Book Company, New York, 4th edition, 2005. Coverage is mainly of boundary layers and internal flows. M. White. Viscous Fluid Flow. , New York, 2nd edition, 1991. Excellent development of fundamental results for boundary layers and internal flows.
Therefore we devote this Chapter to deriving the full heat conduction, or heat diffusion, equation, solving it in some fairly straightforward cases, and using our results in the overall coefficient. We undertake that task next. 1 A three-dimensional, transient temperature field. Consider the general temperature distribution in a three-dimensional body as depicted in Fig. 1. For some reason, say heating from one side, the temperature of the body varies with time and space. This field T = T (x, y, z, t) or T (r , t), defines instantaneous isothermal surfaces, T1 , T2 , and so on.
We also allow the possibility that a volumetric heat release equal to ˙(r ) W/m3 is distributed through the region. This might be the result of q chemical or nuclear reaction, of electrical resistance heating, of external radiation into the region or of still other causes. With reference to Fig. 4 is the three-dimensional version of the control volume shown in Fig. 8. 6) where the derivative of T is in partial form because T is a function of both r and t. Finally, we combine Q, as given by eqn.